Finnish Association of Occupational Health Physicians
Suomen Työterveyslääkäriyhdistys ry (STLY)
- Established in 1946, with a membership of about 1 650 occupational health physicians
- The association is governed by its members, who exercise their power through the Spring and Autumn General Meetings. The Autumn General Meeting elects a Council consisting of a chairperson and 15 members who represent local branches of the association.
- The Council is responsible for running the everyday business of the association.
- to promote occupational health care in all sectors of employment
- to improve members' professional skills and promote ethical practices
- to promote members' work ability and well-being
- to co-operate with all actors endeavouring to enhance and support Finnish occupational health care
- to support research on occupational health care
- Työterveyslääkäri, a journal for occupational health physicians, published four times a year
- lively professional training
- website www.stly.fi
- production and sale of occupational health materials, e.g. forms and information brochures
- promotion of members own occupational health care
- grants to members
- a holiday apartment for members at Vierumäki
- office: The Finnish Medical Society Duodecim
Kalevankatu 11 A, PO Box 713
Tel.: +358 9 6188 5211
How to apply for the membership
- The membership application form can be found on the association's website.
- The annual membership fee is 65 euros in 2014.